Cheap 60 Kmcd @ 20 ma white LED

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone tried these 10 mm white LEDs on eBay? Specs say they generate 60 Kmcd over 15 degrees (full or half angle?) with only 20 mA draw. It looks like it has the same spacing between wires as a 5 mm and could be direct driven like an MJLED. Could it be that they'd generate 150 Kmcd at 50 mA?

And they seem to be going for $16 per 20, including shipping.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
i saw that guy on e-bay, and he seems to have such a problem with his specs, i cant buy from him.
stuff doesnt make sence.

there are high power 8mm that use 4 parellel sets of gates, they are GREAT leds, but that hot leg should be cooled.
they can operate at 20ma, but need about 80-100ma to get going good.

there are high powered 10MM , and they have good output , but at 80ma not 20. some are rated higher than 20ma in the specs. but when they provide MCD ratings its at the ma ratings they also provide in the same ADD.

the ANGLE is tighter on that unit , so having a high POINT SPOT MCD rating is logical.

so when you ask will it have magic output at overdriven specs, i say it is likely that the output in the add, IS at overdriven specs.
will it make a better flashlight bulb all by itself? well it is a slightly tighter angle.

that is all i know, have used the 4 gate leds and they are much better than a 1 gate led, as long as they are cooled, any led run hot,in those sizes, should at least be cooled on its cathode leg.