HeadLamp Battery Paranoia.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to make a totally simple headlamp thing from a old headband laying around, a lux3 star, and a li-ion battery or 2. piece of cake.

but then i read here about fire and flame and li-ons and tigers and bears OH MY!
i am a complete idiot and have no reguard for my own safety, and it wouldnt bother me to put a rocket pack on my back and see if i could fly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
BUT
there are other humans to concider.

they SELL li-ion headlamps, they got people putting LITHIUM (primary) batteries in them, surely they wouldnt do this if someone could get a massive brain injury.

IS it paranoid to worry about such things, or do you feel that no Lithium battery is going to be aimed at your temples this week.

i heard that li-ion IS MUCH safer than it was, but then there are conflicting datas.
a Poly pack can short, and the bag can fill, but there is no CAN of shrapnel around it, it might bend around the head well?

i donno, the only thing i have to fear, is lawsuits themselves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fat_Tony

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
VidPro said:
...but then i read here about fire and flame and li-ons and tigers and bears OH MY!
i am a complete idiot and have no reguard for my own safety, and it wouldnt bother me to put a rocket pack on my back and see if i could fly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
BUT
there are other humans to concider.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif Funny Stuff, VidPro.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
but but but, i wasnt trying to be funny. :)
i really DO want to make a headlamp as outlined.

it needs to have a great low self discharge and be rechargable like the li-ion. but over there in the battery place, they are talking Flames, human tiki torches, exploding cell phones, and hydrogen venting like a hindenburg.

should i go ahead with my plans to place 2 stick of dynamite along side my head, or go with the more plyable C4?