Finally happened to me, power went out at work

BF Hammer

Enlightened
There has been road construction going on near where I work, and something took out the power for over an hour today. Most of the rooms have windows in our building, but guess who was asked for a light whenever somebody wanted to use the bathroom. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

code09

Enlightened
ewwwww, hope you've sanitized the light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif

But good work!

Bradlee

Enlightened
Somehow the "over-prepared" guy isn't so funny during an emergency situation. Good work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

BTW, What light did you have on you?

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BatteryCharger said:
How come my power never goes out?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you work?..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
The power went out in my office for several hours about a month ago. I was disappointed because it was a sunny day and we have huge windows in my dept. I still got out my light though. But anyways, way to go BF Hammer (and definitely use some hand sanitizer on that light!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BF Hammer

Enlightened
I keep some anti-bacterial hand-wipes in my lunchbox/cooler. Definitly cleaned the light I loaned away.

I had my workday EDC consisting of an ARC LSH-S with twisty, and an Arc AAA on my keyring. I keep a Minimag/Opalec conversion in my tool kit and that was what I handed out when asked.

That was the first time in about 8 years that I remember power going out while working, and that was caused by a thunderstorm with high winds. It is a beautiful, sunny day here today.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally, it happened to me, too. Last week we lost power for four hours and I actually had and used five lights. I still can't believe it - how flashaholically perfect.