Micra Flickering

mccavazos

Enlightened
continued from http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=936853&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I have noticed a flickering in my Micra twisty since I put a McCapsule in it a few months ago, and recently, I had dtermine dthat it was either the battery of the contact of the twisty but maybe this wasn't the problem after all. As I had stated earlier, the flickering occurs only with the twisty switch, though the clicky has to be screwed on really tight. After replacing the cell, it was working fine for about a week, when the flickering started up again. I looked inside the twisty switch to find that there was some melted plastic residue on the contact. I removed that and it seemed to help a lot. After this fix, I was satisfied, so I continued to carry the Micra with the clicky instead of the twisty. Today I put the twisty back on the Micra, only to discover that the flickering was happening again. I am wondering if the body of my Micra is too short. My first idea for a fix was to put a copper strip inside the twisty to give it a little extra length to the body, but I have had little success. Any ideas on this?

Latest posts