Discontinued 5C Maglite questions - help!

kellite

Newly Enlightened
Hello,I've only lurked in your forums but have been impressed with the accumulating knowledge and experience gathered here. It took contact with durable, larger torches back in the nineties to enlighten me that flashlights were something more than perishable consumables with dim lamps and leaky batteries. Now, I tend to be push family and friends into becoming more aware of these underappreciated tools.My main motivation for writing is that I just found out, probably many months too late, that the 5 C Maglites have been discontinued. With Xenon lamps, this configuration was my favorite torch size. The one heavily used 5C I have is down at the moment with a missing push button rubber cap. While I was considering the best way to get it repaired, I wanted to purchase a few spare 5C's and made the grim discovery that they have been obsoleted.I do not think that they were a best seller for Maglite. Might there be a source of supply for 5C Mags? None of the websites I sampled which advertised them still had any on the shelf.Are there other, equally rugged all metal 5C torches, manufactured by other brands? Preferably flashlights compatible with the Maglite friendly Xenon lamps?Jeff

Mike 161

Newly Enlightened
Bright Guy (www.brightguy.com) still lists the 5-C Maglite ($19.30).

If all you're missing is the rubber switch cap on your 5-C, I believe Bright Guy has those as well (check the "accessories" section for Maglite). If they don't have it, you can check other CPF sponsors who advertise here (go to the "Banner" forum for a list). If there's more than a missing rubber cap, you can send it to Mag Industries for repairs.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Mike 161

Newly Enlightened
Bright Guy (www.brightguy.com) still lists the 5-C Maglite ($19.30).

If all you're missing is the rubber switch cap on your 5-C, I believe Bright Guy has those as well (check the "accessories" section for Maglite). If they don't have it, you can check other CPF sponsors who advertise here (go to the "Banner" forum for a list). If there's more than a missing rubber cap wrong, you can send it to Mag Industries for repairs.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Latest posts