A cautionary tale

scottie

Newly Enlightened
I came across this post on another forum and thought that even flashaholics might find it instructive.
To put it simply, it is the story of the growth of a collection and an addiction. hmmmmmmm.........
scottie
click here

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

(My MaxaBeam arrived today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif )

Larry

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's no such thing as an addiction! I'm not addicted! I'm.. I'm .. I'm ..

I'm worse, I'm enjoying every Global Priority package that shows up on my door step /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif

SEVEN Luxeons in the mail today, time to PARTY!

I used to be like that with my computers. Computers are worse, because eventually they lose their value, and by the time I was sick and tired of all of the junk I had acquired, it had ZERO resale value. (see CPF BST non-lights giveaway thread). The sack hit the trash can early Monday morning and I feel so much better. Now I have come full circle. I only have the essentials now - my desktop, my laptop, a Mac and an old Dell (standby spare).

At least the watches/lights are worth something and do not become obsolete.

X33

Enlightened
Nice one. I used to hang out at TimeZone and ended up with two Speedmaster Professionals. But then the money ran out....
Flashlights seem comparativley cheaper, though I agree to just wait and get the one you really want, even if its more expensive. Saves a lot in the run up and long run.
I love those Global Priority packages droppin onto my doorstep as well and I haven't really got a strobing light with that handy ceramic coating yet....oops. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

woolfam

Newly Enlightened
That's funny, I didn't see the words Timex or Fossil anywhere on that site??!!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I am forced to be non addicted (or at least non-buying!)

I have been known to go off on different things like coins, RC Airplanes, Knifes, guns, hot-rods etc.

I am the longest I've ever been still coming here.

I am rocking to my coins again, and would like to add to my collection some more such as Seated Liberty coins... but /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif is the official language around here!

Of course, mainly due to the kindness of some CPFers, I still play with new stuff from time to time.

But I find I spend more time in the Cafe than all other rooms combined! And mainly only chime in on other rooms about stuff I have or KNOW about!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif will cure most addictions baby!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tvodrd said:

Larry

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, Larry - good thing we got that one. It probably saved us. Now we won't ever need to buy another light.
smoker.gif
rollin.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
[ QUOTE ]
JimH said:
[ QUOTE ]
tvodrd said:

Larry

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, Larry - good thing we got that one. It probably saved us. Now we won't ever need to buy another light.
smoker.gif
rollin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Providing you have a Beast or X990 for "close-in work." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif Jim! (Us old, half-blind goofs gotta stick together! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tvodrd said:
[ QUOTE ]
JimH said:
[ QUOTE ]
tvodrd said:

Larry

[/ QUOTE ]

smoker.gif
rollin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Providing you have a Beast or X990 for "close-in work." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif Jim! (Us old, half-blind goofs gotta stick together! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

[/ QUOTE ]

I do have an X990. It throws better than the beast, which throws better than the X990 - it all depends on what you mean by throw (i.e how far the light throws or how far you can throw the light, alla KC at Cambria)
Nadeani0.gif