How many using Opera browser?

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a lot of problems with programs not responding and have recently switched to paid version of Opera. I was wondering how many here have it and like it. I maybe running too many antispyware programs but I was having problems before and now I'm paranoid.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used to use the sponsored version of Opera, but switched to Firefox. I like the slightly cleaner look and the ad banner isn't taking up space. Opera is fast and I did miss the speed, but I found Firefox can be tweaked to more than make up for it.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Keith

I've tried most browsers on the market but came to the conclusion that Firefox is the best of the bunch so far (and it's free) and doesn't carry adverts!

As Kevin said it is a tad slower than Opera but doesn't have any where near as many quirks and avoids loads of the security issues of IE6.

Doug

X33

Enlightened
I've been using Opera since v6 at least, but recently, a week ago I started having problems with CPF and Opera. After logging in and starting at my Home page, I got logged out as soon as I left this first page after logging in. So I started using Firefox for CPF. Like Opera for the all-in-one approach with integrated email and the mouse gestures.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
my firefox was crashing daily and got tired of using task manager, but it may have more to do with the anti spyware that I'm using.

nexro

Enlightened
used to use opera till v6, but gonna start using it again soon as a secondary browser /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
I used Opera for a couple of months, but switched to FireFox. I'm loving it! I thought Opera was too cluttered with "fluff".

X33

Enlightened
Opera just released their new version 8 browser yesterday. If anyone is interested.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I've been a registered Opera user since v3.5, and always thought it was far more innovative, smaller and faster than all the rest, but with more annoying stability, page rendering and javascript bugs. Opera 8 is definitely a pretty sweet and tightly coded browser, and finally has a nice and relatively uncluttered default interface.

For me, firefox is a bit slower loading, slower rendering and bloated, but more stable and renders more sites more accurately. It can be loaded up with useful extensions too (esp adblock).

On either windows or linux I tend to switch between firefox 1.03 and opera 8 depending on how I feel! IE doesn't get a lookin...

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
I use Opera sometimes. However, it does not display some web sites/pages properly. Also, on odd occasions it crashes, and it fails to read keyboard input occasionally (but it still recognizes mouse input?)!?

Firefox is my primary browser as it is mostly easier to use and more stable, although it has on add occasions crashed also.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
Does anyone else experience problems posting stuff to CPF using Opera8 (on windows or linux?). When I click the "Continue" button nothing happens. This is one of the reasons I use Firefox and Opera /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been using Opera 7.20 since that version was released. Not likely to change any time soon.

The skins mean that it can look as simple of as techy as you want really, and the mouse gesture system is just clever.

As is the fact that if the computer crashes, it REMEMBERS what pages were open.

Download manager works like a charm too.

X33

Enlightened
Gadgetnerd, I'm with you here. I recently developed some sort with Opera7.54 and 8 as well, where I get logged out automatically after the first page. Thats why I also started using Firefox.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
being compulsive, I purchased Opera before using it as much as I should have before buying. I do like being able to use the different skins and changing the appearance for the best look.