R-bin 1 Watters becoming more common

Zman

Enlightened
I read the announcement last week that lumileds was upgrading the ratings on the 1 watters. Today I'm noticing the Shoppe has R bin 1 watters RYOJ!
I also did a search for R bin from Yahoo, and Tektite is advertising The Excursion LS1 with an R bin luxeon!
Pretty cool if you ask me...
Your thoughts??

L

LITEmania

Recently I found RX0H from TM-306X ( Q-I ), dang BRIGHT !

smitty244

Newly Enlightened
I would think so at least for the time being - I guess it is only a matter of time before Lumileds updates the Luxeon III 'typical' specs to the T-bin from the S-bin (75 lumens vs. 65 lumens). I ordered some Lux Is from Future and got RX0H, I have some more coming tomorrow so I can update with what they are... I think they are the new standard Lux Is since Lumileds updated their specs to 45 lumen typical - not a bad deal at $6.25 or whatever it is at Future!

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
chevrofreak said:
RX0H would be a GREAT bin if you ask me! Very white.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had SXOJ's in some of my Nuwai TM115's with 2 stage switches.
Even low beam didn't go green at all with this *XO* tint bin.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i thought 1 watts day was over? i was thinking 3 wtts was so much better specaily with the u bin comeing out .am i corect?

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a QX0H in a Costco luxeon light tonight, good lord is that a nice LED. I measure 2100 lux!

Prepare to drool

DSC02094_800.jpg

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
chevrofreak said:
hadnt yet, let me bust out the multimeter.

Wow, 820mA is going to the circuit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Almost exactly the same as a MadMax+/WO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Lumileds has been sitting on a number of lab breakthroughs, and now that competition is heating up, it's not surprising that they're upping the numbers on their current products while they ramp up for production on new product lines utilizing said reakthroughs.

I'd be hesitant to pay premium for bins formerly classified as "uobtanium" since better product is expected this summer.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
RX0H! Wow, perfect flux, perfect color (I say X0/W0 are great), and perfect Vf! (uber low!) With a H Vf you either get insane runtime from a constant current circuit, or extra current to the led with a voltage boost circuit.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
R bins (especially with "H" Vf) are PERFECT for lower-output situations. Why use a Lux3 on a BB400 or MMLite sandwich, for example, when the extra heat pathing(?is that a word?), etc aren't needed and you're running at less than half of spec?

There is some speculation that a "T" bin Lux3 at 400ma isn't any brighter than an "R" bin Lux1 at 400ma. The same holds for "S" bin Lux3 & "Q" bin Lux1.

If I could get RXOH under $7 a piece I'd jump on them!

Jon

smitty244

Newly Enlightened
I think it is because they are 40-52 lumens per watt (still 350mA) which makes them almost twice as efficiant as a Luxeon III (which is around 25 lumens/watt typically) - the H-Vf is nice because it is 3-3.25 volts too

Latest posts