Candela, or Candeloo review?

Weylan

Enlightened
I have been interested in the Candela rechargeable lights for a while. Has anyone seen them really put to work? I would love to see a review. I played with them in a SharperImage store at some point, but it was hard to tell how well they would work in reality with all the lights on in the store.

For people who have not seen them, they seem to be induction based charged lights that can run for >5 hours on a charge. They come in sets of 2, 4 or 10. They are also known by the whimsical name of Candeloos. And come in bunny like shapes.

I was thinking it might be nice for my 2yr old to be able to carry one around in the dark near bed time. Or just as portable lighting, but worry how bright they might or might not be.

I was hoping for a good review…

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a set of 2 Candeloos for my 6 yr old son and 1 yr old daughter. They love them. One is orange-red, the other a purplish color. They aren't especially bright by our standards, but are nicely done. They have a pushbutton underneath for on, off and throb. They recharge automatically when placed back on their induction stand. Internally, they are a nicad/incan combo, both of which look replaceable. They also turn on automatically when removed from the stand, or when the power goes out, a nice feature for little ones. The children like to have them in bed with them.

At the end of the day, I like this product; I think it's a nice clean concept and application. But, I think the regular price is steep; I got mine for 10 bucks on clearance somewhere.

Weylan

Enlightened
Where did you get it for $10! I would buy one for a second if it was that cheap! I can see how it might be nice at that price. But the $50 they seem to want for them now, is just too much for me.

I was thinking that if the light was a bunch of LEDs the light could be an ok light with more run time and sort of cute all at the same time.

The fact that the light is kid friendly is a nice thing. Poweroutage light and kid light make it also a winner for me. Price is my only sticking point at this point.