Waterproofing

BlueMars

Newly Enlightened
Hey fellow CPF'ers!

I'm looking to install an LED array in my pond. I am absolutely a beginner at this, but would seem like a good project. I have years of electrical circuit experience, but I'm not sure on the actual construction of such a project.

Is it possible to construct an LED array that is waterproof without much trouble?

Can anyone offer some multi coloured LEDs to use?

Thank in advance!

Andrew

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
i did a indoor fountain one time, it had a "fogger" in it, and a water pump. like a dork i just used the leds raw, its not like i had high voltage or anything.
the leds would shoot through the fog, and each level of the fountain had different colors, the output of the fogger had red leds like a molten lava flow.
well the fogger was the kind that used power, in the water, really cool thing, but it corroded the leds in just a few weeks of operation, i was amazed to see the metal just dissolve into oblivion. it was sooo cool , then soo dead.

Silicoln calking, and Hot glue from a cheap hot glue gun stopped this particular form of corrosion in its tracks.

anything that keeps AIR off the metal parts.

another project i heat sinked (so to speak) the whole thing in epoxy, that is done by some of the bricks of leds that are sold too.
the problem is getting a bad one OUT after that.