Peak Kilimanjaro 5LED Hi Output vs 12LED 1AA XNova

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my Kilimanjaro high output flashlight in HA-IIIa finish. I installed a batterystation AA lithium cell and immediately compared it with my XNova 12LED 1AA Chinese cheapo from eBay, also equipped with a batterystation 1AA lithium.

I found their beams virtually identical in shape, size, and brightness. If pressed to cite any difference, I'd say that the 12LED is the slightest bit bluer, the Peak the slightest bit brighter. It's really a toss-up; both beams are very broad, very bright for use within 20 feet.

I haven't compared the two with fresh alkalines.

Anyway, this is good news for those who want a bright 1AA for about $11 shipped, for personal use or to give as gifts. Keep in mind, though, that the Xnova is noticeably larger, lacks a lanyard, and has a lanyard hole so tiny that I don't know how I would install anything thicker than a thread.

I had been keeping the 12LED in my belt pouch. But the Peak is so small and beautiful, I've installed the Peak on my keyring and have made room in my belt pouch for a 2AA (model to be determined), probaby one with some throw.

I wonder how the new 1AA 0.5W model from Advancemart compares...