Xenon bulb for 2AA MiniMag?

stormtrooper77

Newly Enlightened
Are there xenon bulbs that replace the stock bulbs for the MiniMag like there are for the C and D cell lights? I've just spent about an hour searching the site and came up with Nexstar. But I couldn't find anything about it.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I think that's about it. Have you tried the new mini-Mag bulbs? Their bottom is green. They're supposed to be brighter.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Nexstar the Brinkman bulb?

Another one that I've heard about is a Streamlight bulb made for the little twintask that uses 1xCR123. I was about to search for one when I went the MJLED route instead.

WDR65

Enlightened
I have been using the Streamlight twintask 1L bulb in my mini-mag for about two months. Very bright with lithium AA's, its brighter and has better throw than my E1e. The only thing I had to do was drill the reflector out. Its a cheap bright mod, in all honesty it might throw a bit farther than my G2 with P60. davidefromitaly recommended it and said that with the lithiums it put out about 40 lumens although I have no real idea. Whatever you do, good luck.

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
I think that's about it. Have you tried the new mini-Mag bulbs? Their bottom is green. They're supposed to be brighter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried those...they're alot brighter. Also they don't turn silver after a few minutes use, so they stay bright throughout their life.

stormtrooper77

Newly Enlightened
Where could I get the Streamlight twintask bulb and can lithiums be used with the Nexstar Brinkmann's bulb?

WDR65

Enlightened
Stormtrooper77, Brightguy.com has them. You have to click on the light and then options to find them. I think they're around $5.50. I picked mine up from the local police supply store which is an also a Streamlight repair center. So you might be able to use Streamlight's website to find a dealer in your area if you don't want to order offline. Anyway, hope this helps.

Tesla

Enlightened
Based on my strictly empirical experience, there's no problem with using AA lithiums with the Nexstar bulb, either.