Any way to keep frost from forming on freezer?

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a mini fridge with a small freezer compartment inside of it. After only about a month, the freezer gets so covered in frost that I can't even open the door. It's a huge mess and annoyance to thaw it out all the time. Is there any way for me to at least reduce the amount of frost that forms on the freezer? I thawed it out yesterday and there's already a solid white coating of frost... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

CNC Dan

Enlightened
Check the door seal. If air is getting in, it will frost up faster.
Make sure you don't have any open containers of anything that will evaporate.

After you defrost, try to dry all surfaces inside.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
lots of the bigger fridges, have HEATERS in the thing, that melt the frost off regularly, it decreases thier efficiency a bit, and more than anything fluxuates the temps in the freezer part by large ammounts.
umm so think positive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif its probably more efficient and your ice cream will be just as hard, and stuff wont be freeze dried.

i use one of them leetel ones as a purposfull dehumidifyer , door off, with the coils outside, but its set to cycle for 2 hours each day to drop the water off it. exposed to the air continually, even with a fan, it sucks about 1 gallon every 2 weeks out of the room.
(it was a cheap way to dehumidify, and allowed for the coils to go out the window to spew the heat out)

you must have very high humidity, and the door open often to aquire that much.
the seals on them are very poor, get stiff fast, so (as always) i agree with all the above. check and clean the seal, all that pizza and beer in it, might be messing it up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif