I had a request for a LED gadget...

chrisjoonior

Newly Enlightened
Hello.

I'm quite new to these parts. I'm not even sure if this is the right forum.

But, there's a band I do amp repair work for, and they made a request for me to build a "...cool LED device that does something... Maybe with switches and definitely some LED's."

Perhaps some of you could point me in a direction where I could find designs, or device ideas to use? I think they want them mounted in either their van, or their amps. Not sure.

Thanks.

~Chris Jr.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
That does *something*? Something like what? Are they just wanting to entertain themselves? Maybe something flashy for the concerts? Something to scroll messages?

greenLED

Flashaholic
They really need to be more specific than ""...cool LED device that does something... Maybe with switches and definitely some LED's." That sounds like any'ol flashlight!

What are they going to use it?
Where do they want it installed?
budget?

L

LITEmania

I have sold someone who made and supplied a "LED blinking Champion Belt" for a winner of K1 sports game. They used 2AA NiMh with Fatman, running three of Lux-III R.Blue. I don't have a Pic. yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are quite a few LED lights that blink and recently some that react to sound in various ways. A search on "Belly light" will get you started.
You might also want to look at EL lighting and wrap some of the gear in taht stuff.