Your Everyday Sunglasses ?

DavidTHR

Enlightened
I have been a big fan of Oakley Sunglasses for many years.

Based on my experience, I think they are world-class sunglasses.

I am interested in getting a new QUALITY pair of sunglasses for general use (driving, walking, beach, etc.).

Does anyone have first hand experience with other brands of quality sunglasses -- i.e. Wiley, Carrera, Gargoyle, Rudy Project, RayBan, etc., etc.?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What is your everyday wear brand of sunglasses and what do you think of them?

Thanks.

taiji

Enlightened
Re: Your EDC Sunglasses ?

I swear by REVO's. specially the polarized ones.

I have the 3010, 3030 viper, 3019, and the 3039 rimless. Had the python model but lost that after having it for 5 years. Excellent sunglasses.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

I just get a decent pair of polarized sunglasses with nice frames for under $20 myself. Get a case for them either a slip in or hard case as it will save them from a lot of scratches. I have a neck lanyard on mine to keep me from setting them or sticking them in a pocket in a store and messing them up or losing them/leaving them somewhere else.

dougmccoy

Enlightened

Well the best I've used to date are Carl Zeiss ones that were made for the USAF (Germany).

Sure are well made and perform as good as they look (maybe I'm just biased?)

Doug

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast

At any price point I would choose polarized lenses and an amber color and be happy.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oakley anything! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif Unfortunatly, I just broke my some-what new pair of $170 Oakleys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Most comfortable sunglasses I've ever worn too...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast

My normal glasses just change color depending on sunlight. One less thing to carry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wear prescription ones. -17 and -13 diapotor with a grey level 3 tint and copper mirror coast on polycarbonate lenses. It wasnt til 96 that i was able to get mirror coating on plastic lenses and at walmart of all places. Finished it off with a pair of titanium frames. No green spots on the side of my face after a long day or wearing them.

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wear Maui Jim titanium flex frames. They are very comfortable and look good.

RH

Enlightened

I've got some polarized bolle's that I like.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
MaxaBaker said:
Oakley anything! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif Unfortunatly, I just broke my some-what new pair of $170 Oakleys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Most comfortable sunglasses I've ever worn too...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you contact Oakley's repair department?
They may be able to help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

loalight

Enlightened

A few years back, i switched from Revo to Serengeti- great great lenses, and the only glass ones that are photochromic.. which is very very handy.

DavidTHR

Enlightened

Maui Jim? Never heard of them.

I think I'll do a Google search as they sound interesting.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wear Maui Jim titanium as well, I would recomend them to anyone who is outside for any reason. They are bit more expensive than most but are superior.
I once sent mine in for a broken frame (my fault) a year after my warranty expired with the receipt. I got a new pair back in a week with a note that said "sorry for the inconvenience", brand new. I like that kind of service.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Beamhead said:
[ QUOTE ]
MaxaBaker said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you contact Oakley's repair department?
They may be able to help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif I didn't think of that!! Thank you!!!! I hope they'll fix them, it was kinda my fault /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

loalight

Enlightened

Revos saved my eyes twice- once in a car accident, and once when a shelf of tools fell on my face. the glasses were wrecked, but my eyes were fine. Both times I called Revo, told them how grateful I was, and they replaced the broken glasses free.

naromtap

Enlightened

Everyday Sunglasses????.....give me everyday sun here in blighty & I'll be happy...I might start an everyday & Umbrella & Raincoat thread!