Q3 head removal?

L

LITEmania

boil 30sec. for removal.

boil one minute full if you want remove head and remove stock reflector. And unscrew reflector while the bezel is hot. Once after the bezel got cold and shrinked, you may not remove stock reflector. Be careful so that any moisture may not spoils the reflector.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just throw a cup of water in the microwave until it boils. Then I put the Q-III (in a ziplock) into the cup for one minute on my countertop.

Thats the fast way...use the microwave to heat the water first.

Jeff

L

LITEmania

hmm, much better and neat in microwave./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

I am opening 20pcs at one time so I still prefer boiling, though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

L

LITEmania

Someone may write this on CPF WiKi for others references.

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
Has anyone tried breaking the glue by putting a Q-III into a 100C/212F preheated conventional oven for a 30-60 secs? No worries about leaking bags and no problems ungluing mass batches at once.

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now for an odd (no water) method. I have a 25 Watt grip warmer pad for a snowmobile. I wrapped it around the head, put a C-clamp to secure the pad, and waited for it to heat up. I then used two rubber strap wrenches to twist the head off. My Q3 came with a SX1J which was quickly replaced with a TW0J.

Paul

L

LITEmania

hmm...It sounds easiest way to check the BIN. I will try with strap wrenches this weekend. Think I have seen them at walmart.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried the strap wrenches, got it to come apart below the head, but still haven't got the head off using the hot water method.

I'm going to try a judiciously applied heat gun tonight.

Bill

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a hairdryer on "high" for mine.
No chance of anything getting wet this way.
I was opening up 8-10 at a time this way a while back.