HDS basic and BS R123's rock!

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS basic and BS R123\'s rock!

Been running this setup for a week and love it. for those
that wanted the primary just a sqwinch brighter, (technical note "sqwinch" is smaller the a "pinch" but bigger then a smidge, but I am sure ya'll knew that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) this does that. On high it's even brighter and seem's to have a smidge more throw. anyway, highly recommended.

Henry built a light that is just seem's so perfect from
the front to the back (great switch that will still stand on end, pure white tint and mine's not a GT, great beam shape) I put a case togather for it using a pelican 1010 with the basic, and three batt's so i can take it with me anywhere i travel,as it does pretty much everything I need
a light to do. (But i do take a couple of spare's: KL-1/VG 1X123, and jil lite 1.3, as per CPF reg's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif)

If Henry ever decide's to build other light's products it's gonna get scary! Man this little killer is tip top.VDG

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: HDS basic and BS R123\'s rock!

This is very good to know. I take it the Ultimite will work the same way?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

No just the basic............ NOT! yep henry has a pretty good explaination on his web site about R123's and the HDS,
But it's totally safe (I mean as much as anything is) because
the EDC's have some protection built in for running Li ion's, and he told me the BS batt's have overdischarge protection and tend to work very well and reliable togather.

None the less, awesome light. I was doing doing stupid s#$%t
like you do when your a kid on the tour bus, reading under the sheet cause the dim mode is perfect for that, running it on secondary and saying to my guitar tech; "hey this thing just died then blinding him by triple clicking, etc.
you know you dig something when do that stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif VDG

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bought a batterystation charger and 4 batts to feed my Basic 60. I think thats going to be a little bit of overkill, considering that I've had my Basic 60 for 2 weeks and the Surefire battery is still going strong. Also have the goldengadgets charger and batteries, as well as a Nano charger and batteries. No such thing as too many batteries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

best regards