Streamlight TL-3 LED

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
While waiting for the Gladius to be shipped. I ordered a Streamlight TL-3 L.E.D.

I like this light a lot better than the old style TL-2. even though it is larger and has a wider head. It has the power and throw I want in a LED.

The TL-2 and Pelican M6 are nice but just not quite there.
The Innova T-3 is a great LED light but large for 6v light

The TL-3 is almost just what the doctor ordered to fill the short term need while I wait for the Gladius.

Next week I'm supposed to have one of the newversions of the TL-2. I certainly hope it's better.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TL-2 LED Gen. 2, very nice.. it's pwns the TL-3 LED in throw... now i'm waiting on the review from flashlightreviews.com for the Streamlight Scorpion LED with the 3 Watt Luxeon, thats a must have!

Mark2

Enlightened
I thought the new TL-2 LED, the NF-2 LED and the Scorpion LED all use the same 1W LED head.

Analog

Newly Enlightened
What's wrong with the earlier TL-2 LED? Is there an obvious difference in the appearance of the Gen 1 & 2 to help someone purchase the newer version?

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Gen. 1 is not regulated and not near as bright. difference in the appearance? the Gen. 2 has a anti-roll head

tl2led4ke.jpg

Analog

Newly Enlightened
Don't care about the anti-roll at all. Better activation button and brighter, now we're on to something. I just dropped my 1stgen TL-2 LED on the concrete patio this evening. It was turned on, hit parallel from 3-3.5 feet. Survived with minor bruises, just like a good LED should. PS nemul, nice cut&paste, thank you for the visual clarification.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dont really care about the anti-roll head either, it's just the best way to tell the difference... just put a Lux3 in mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif glad you liked the cut and paste! lol

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had mine for a long time, works great for around the shop/in house up close repair work. Not to pointy of a beam and nice even light. No problems with it at all. Not for sale.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with the earlier TL-2 LED?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a nice size and shape, but compared to something like a Pelican M6 LED, the TL-2 is a lot less bright. As I understand it the newer version of the TL-2 is a lot brighter, but a little larger and more expensive too.

I use my M6 at construction sites, and in buildings where there is a good level of daylight illumination but where you need to look up into dark ceilings maybe at a distance it works real well. I think this is a good test of a light and the Pelican passes. The old TL-2 would not pass but the new one probably would. Also I think my Nuwai TM115 would pass. The other one that I put in this same category is the Streamlight 2L Tasklight.

Latest posts