so scared

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok im moveing ya all no this but i will no longer have roomate ill be poorer but im leaveing a house with holews in floor that ya can fall thru in hit dirt a house with no heat ,that 100 years old movineing into nice place with new bed and new stuff lake in back lake lanier which is huge i love to fish but im scared i cant bring my dog or pets cause no pets even though i opwn condo my roomate is keeping em,

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best of luck with the new place. If no pets means a better place--well, I can't tell you what to do but if it were up to me...

COMSEUR

Newly Enlightened
(slaps on helmet and snaps to attention):

Good luck with the move, Gen. Raggie, Sir! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Moves are always a difficult time, but in a week or so, you will have your gear sorted out again.
And I do have a hunch that you'll be making new friends in the animal kingdom soon... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

I'm sure you're gonna like the new place, what with the lake n all.

Just take it easy.

add-on: besides, it looks like a heck of a nice area... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can't bring your pets? That's a downer. Sorry, raggie. But still, it sounds like a good idea to move. Don't get too overwhelmed. It WILL end and you will get all of your stuff back in order and settle into living in a new place.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
That lake looks both wonderous and terrifying!

Things will get better Raggie. Change is good!

You ought to see what the mess that was our old place has become now! Wall and countertop space abound! Very little clutter. Of course a LOT of the stuff is in totes still...

But I refuse to let it get that bad ever again!

Congrats on the new place! The animal thing will work out fine if it is meant to be!

This world needs more Raggies!!!!!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Sometimes living alone is a lot better than putting up with roommates.... only the bill/money equation is better mostly.
I went from being alone in a huge house to renting a place with my friend who is somewhat messy, has a dog that tears things up and other irritants. If I could afford a place like the one I live in by myself well I would probably be living by myself because after my mom died (was living with my folks at that time) I went from having 3 people and 3 pets over a period of about 18 months to being completely by myself. It took about 6-8 months to get used to being alone in the place.. I had some loneliness and a little of depression associated with it but after I got through all of that I think unless you get the perfect roommate it can be more of a hassle at times than it is worth.
Perhaps that is one small reason people dont stay married after the kids grow up.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Moving always scares me. However, I usually find that I enjoy spending my time exploring and learning about the new place where I'm at. Then the scary feeling is over before I realize it.

Best luck, Raggie! I hope you enjoy your new place!

DarkLight

Enlightened
As an ex military man who has moved quite a bit, I can only tell you its a chance to make new friends, while keeping all your old ones..

Win-Win...

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 years we've been in this house and I've still got 1 box not unpacked in the garage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif It only has old issues of some tech magazine that I don't really care about but for some reason didn't want to throw away so i'm not too worried about it.

I'm excited for you raggie! moving is a pain in the next, but getting into the new place is going to be so great once you've found your toothbrush and the important stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I know that your computer will be the first thing you unpack in the new place so that you can get back online here and tell us all about your move! Lakes like that are great places to test out flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i am glad no holes in floor no roof leaks no druggies all over the place