Is this for real????

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dont ask where I got this pic, for I dont remember. All I remember is that I saved it a long time ago to start this topic but forgot about it. I found it while cleaning up my folders.

untitled5gw.jpg

I must have seen it on some online retailer. It is claimed to be the beamshot of the Inova X1. How the heck is that??? They could be lying, but the beam resembles that of an X1. Perhaps the target was only a few feet away?

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
There's nothing in the photo for size reference, despite the appearance of a large rock formation, it may be only 12 inches high. If that were the case it could indeed be "for real"

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks more like the top of a dead tree stump than a rock formation, in which case Dr Joe's comment about it being a foot tall and a foot away applies.

jtice

Flashaholic
you got it from countycomm.com

Thats a Inova X1, 5mm led.
that pic makes it look like its shinnign on a mountain lol
that spot is probably about 3" wide

The X1 has a TIGHT spot with NO side spill, at all.
Lot of throw for a 5mm led, but I find the beam useless, if you were to try to read a map with it, the spot would be the size of a nickle.

Very nicely built though, like all Inova lights.

Heres my photos of it with an X5T
http://www.jtice.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=X1

couple reviews
http://torchreviews.net/inovax1.htm
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/inova_x1.htm

~John

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Looks to me like salt formations. "

Right. I was thinking it was Mono Lake, or whatever that oh-so-photographed lake is called. It looks like the pic was taken in the evening to me.

Scott

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I am still thinking about is that even 63 lux at one meter cant do that. They dont mention where the picture was taken, so nobody can be sure....

vhyper007

Enlightened
Hi Mags, I dont know about nor can I speak for anyone else but I have read numerous postings of yours and you certainly haven't offended me in any way and certainly seem to be a respectful young man. Meant in a complimentary way, I for one certainly think you have earned the right to change your signature. On the other hand I dont know if any particular incident inspired you to write it.

Keep on keeping on...

vhyper

cslinger

Enlightened
Darn respectful kids these days in my day we were complete a$$'s and we liked it that...........ohhhh wait a minute /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You must have good parents Mags because you seem to have been raised right.

As for the picture it's got to be something very small or a photochop job.

Chris

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with Scott. I say this is a long exposure and that light in the distance is not the sun. This could be taken at night. I have done it before, taken a long exposure at night, the sky looked blue and it looked like daylight.

Try it on your own camera if you can do a exposure of a few minutes. Most digital camera can't do that. But mine can and it is a really cool effect.

Keith

jtice

Flashaholic
I beleave it was taken right before pitch black night, with a long exposure.

I know for sure its an Inova X1, which means thats not a long distance shot, and pretty sure its a Countycomm photo

C

CountyComm

Yes it is real Jtice is correct it was our photo taken by our
Photographer at Mono Lake ..Distance was about 7 ft with a Inova X-1.......County Comm......Looks Like the Moon