• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Wanted: Aleph 1 to be built

tysonb

Newly Enlightened
Windsor, Canada - across from warzone D (Detroit)
Looking for an Aleph 1 to be built:

HA Nat
fit 18650
fit R123 (2 bodies)
outthrow (by far) KL1 (looking for Reccos from builder on bin, and electronics to use to achieve goal)
estimated run time on the 18650 cell

I am not sure of the switch, but I like the trim, or the standard - 2 bodies, 1 switch.

Please let me know how much this will cost me via email.

Thanks - Tysonb
tyson A*T tysonbaldwin D*O*T com

X33

Enlightened
I just had a Aleph 3 built by Chop. Highly recommended. I know there are others that do a great job as well. Just PM them. Maybe you'll have more luck posting in the McGizmo forum.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I am not familiar with a solution for getting an 18650 cell to work with any of these lights?!?!? (too fat!!)

Regarding HA-Nat and Aleph 1 heads, I have a couple HA-Nat heads which each have a small pit on the surface about the size of a pin head. This must have been from some contact or the racking in the anodize tank. I can make one of these heads available to whoever you choose for a build but there is no discount due to the blemish. ( I was going to build these out eventually for customers after function and not show case finish). There are no more raw A-1 heads available to be plated so don't expect more of these to become available later. You might try B/S/T. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

I should add that I too could do this build for you but there would only be one battery tube, a 2x123 and if you are wanting HA-Nat, the tube would need to be the 2x123-F tube.

cy

Flashaholic
an excellent way to get a 18650 w/Pelican 27mm reflector is to bore out PM6 body to 18.25mm.

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
I am not familiar with a solution for getting an 18650 cell to work with any of these lights?!?!? (too fat!!)

[/ QUOTE ]
Can any of the Aleph bodies be bored out to accept the 18.3 mm diameter of a 18650 Li Ion?
Is there enough thickness?

With 2200 mah from some of the new 18650 cells, this surely is just too good an opportunity to miss.

Coupled with a Wiz 2 , would not a single 18650 be a good combination.?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
cy is right. The bore requirements for the 18650 are not compatible with the E series head or tail. Even the 6P size lights are down to foil in wall thickness if you bore the tail for loading!

The Mc45-HD Wayne and I will introduce later this spring is a simple twist on/ twist off light that is designed to accomodate the 18650's including the 168A Pila along with 2xCR123. It will NOT handle 2xR123. It is larger than the E series lights and more in line with the Pelican M6 and 6P; full bodied 1" OD battery tube and a head with max OD of 2 1/8" (45 mm reflector within). In the line up below, you can see what I mean.

Mc45HD-proto-lineup.jpg

The modding of the Pelican M6 sounds like a good suggestion! I have not played with the newer M6's and do not know if some additional modifications would be required for the ground path to the LED module but doubt it would be a problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

cy

Flashaholic
nice lineup! first in line for the Mc45HD proto /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ledean

Enlightened
Mr Gizmo ,
those are some good looking lights.
You have done some fantastic mods.
How do you do it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif