Toollogic SL1 knife / flashlight

mdarby

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody own the Toollogic SL1? It's basically a 3" knife, which an emergency whistle embedded in the handle, with a sleeve on the handle that accepts a small flashlight.

http://www.toollogic.com/feat_sl1.html

Has anybody modded the light? Is there a brighter light that fits in there? Just curious.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently you can fit an Arc AAA in there instead of the stock one. This would be the version you're referring to, not the smaller 'M' version. From some of the replies I got from CPFers in a much much earlier thread asking the same question, the blade is not the best, but then, hey, you get what you pay for.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of their products. If they are priced at 50% or less of SRP, they MIGHT be a good deal. It's a real cool idea, though, which they are VERY good at. I'd love to see one of these made out of S30V steel, with a more advance locking system and G10 scales. That would be worth buying, IMO.

PhantomZ

Enlightened
i have the SL2. at first i ordered the SL1 cause i thought it was the same as the SL2 but comes with an LED but nope. so i exchanged it for the SL2 instead and i put in a Peak 3LED AAA battery. the light was still abit loose so i used electric tape for a more snug fit. its a better fit with a minimag though (cause it was made for it) cause the screw on the side to tighten the light in place works better for it. did nothing for my Peak. i forgot who it was that had it first that i saw on CPF that used a ARC on it. i bought the light cause i saw his pic. i might get another SL2 for my gf~