Any good reason I should buy a Surefire M3?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Especially bearing in mind I already have a C2, A19-HA and every one of the P-series lamps (yeah, gotta collect 'em all? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) ..

I am thinking that the 1.6" bezel will launch the beam further than the 1.25" standard bezels, without the added expense of the Turbohead.

Or am I just trying to find an excuse to buy more lights? (which I suspect I am, subconsciously)

sboza

Newly Enlightened
To answer your original question, no. But then, most of the members of this forum likely lack many good reasons for purchasing tactical lights. I believe you may consider refrasing your question as "Convince me to purchase a light I have no good reason to purchase." All in fun, I mean no offense.

stockae92

Enlightened
lol

i agree

but i say if you have the means to own one, then you can have the luxury of having one

just like cars, do people really need +250hp for every day use? probably not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif but if you can have it if you are willing to pay for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, 225 lumens! It is the light to reach for when you are in trouble.

When I pick it up, I always think the same thing, "so much light from such a small thing." I have never seen the turbo head, but the M3 really throws. Keep in mind, at 225 lumens it is only useful outside. Even at night in a tent it is too bright to turn on.

Go for the M3-HA, it is the best looking of the two, IMHO.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
sboza said:
To answer your original question, no. But then, most of the members of this forum likely lack many good reasons for purchasing tactical lights. I believe you may consider refrasing your question as "Convince me to purchase a light I have no good reason to purchase." All in fun, I mean no offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, good observation. As I've said before my job does not require me to kick down doors in the middle of the night, and the last comment on my post says I'm trying to find a reason to buy a light I have no good reason for.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think it's more likely that I've seen a few good deals on B/S/T, and I might like to play with the 1.6" bezel, which I have not had the opportunity see. Maybe I should just borrow one instead. Hmm..

Good point on the means. Still working on that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

scudinc

Enlightened
There are so many more versatile lights that you can get for that price. HDS EDC Basic 60, perhaps? I know how fond you are of variable-intensity lights.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Kevin,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif I think you should just make the jump and explore turboheads... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Tom

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sold my KT1 recently.. it and its MN15 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The HDS and the Orb Raw are currently vying for my attention, as is a red-orange sandwich and an MR16 light.. so many lights so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif !

cdf

Enlightened
It's very versitile , you can go turbohead , or even led . It's a good deffensive light .