Jupiter LED production flashlights...

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
That site also has an interesting 2AA 9LED plastic diving light with some sort of switch for $28.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
I just bought that one...for CPF sakes of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Always ready to make a personal sacrifice for the cause - my Hero! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
Here's one that takes 1xcr123 Jupiter my paypal finger is just itchin' to buy one. Would love to hear any feedback on this new led from nichia and anything on this flashlight.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
voodoogreg said:
In the jupiter does that look like one of those ball optic's? VDG

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the spec says the Jupiter is a 25mm led, 5 times the diameter of a garden variety 5mm. Could be there is no other optic, just the Jupiter.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Jayman said:
Here's one that takes 1xcr123 Jupiter my paypal finger is just itchin' to buy one. Would love to hear any feedback on this new led from nichia and anything on this flashlight.

[/ QUOTE ]

*scratches finger*
mine too!

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
Well I couldn't hold off and wait for the reviews, so I went ahead and bought a Jupiter Aurora series 1xcr123a. Should get it by the end of the week hopefully. I'll post my impressions when I get it. By the way I believe these are post production samples and there's only two left, hint hint. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will be interesting to find out if all of the Jupiter models are set up for the same narrow beam, or if some of them will have more flood.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
We appreciate that, Craig. Your reviews, and Quickbeam's, have kept many of us from purchasing several promising models that would have disappointed.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LED isn't 25mm wide; it's simply mounted on a circuit board that's 25mm square. See the description and photo at
http://www.ledsales.com.au/leds.htm

Text from that page follows:
IO Moon 1.5 watt LEDs
These consist of a Nichia Jupiter surface mount LED mounted on a 25mm square circuit board. They can be run at 350mA without extra heatsinking, or up to 500mA when mounted on a small heatsink.
These are similar to the Luxeon range of LEDs, but have higher luminous outputs for the energy used. They are available in the following types:

Colour Angle Luminous flux (@ 350mA)
Warm White 35° 32 lumens
Warm White 70° 32 lumens
Cool White 35° 42 lumens
Cool White 70° 42 lumens

Price $21 each plus postage.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I received the 2xAA Aurora flashlight a little while ago; I'll have a little more information about it later today.

(Edit, a short time later)
Measures 454,000mcd on a Meterman LM631 light meter.
This value is high primarily because the LED has a positive lens in front of it.

The other Sapphire measured 333,000mcd on the same instrument.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My evaluation is now up.
I can't post the URL here because that would be double-posting or crossposting; severe CPF no-nos.
Go to the Reviews forum and look for the post in my thread there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif