Eternalight Derringer Diffuser

Weylan

Enlightened
I have had a Derringer for a few months. And it works as a room light and stumble in the dark light. The case and throw have a few issues. One of my uses is to use it as a sort of night light with RED use on the celing. I found that most of the light does not light the room as well as I would like.

Someone here posted that they used a semi-translucent film can as a diffuser. And I thought since these are free from the camera store, why not try it...

Well, they don't work stock on the Derringer. What I did was take a dremmel tool and cut a notch in the film can, about 1/3 of an inch deep in the film can as wide as needed to stay on the Derringer. A film can seems to be just the right width to keep all 3 LEDs inside the film can. Also I painted the inside top of the film can with glow in the dark paint. This lights up good if you use white for a while as a room light through the diffuser can. The glow paint does not glow at all well if you use the red LED, regardless of what brightness you use.

Over all for a free film can, and 3 minutes with a dremmel, it works great as a diffuser.

Now if I can only figure out how to make the Infinity ultra work as a room light in the diffuser using some kind of tail stand. Or even the ARC AAA tail stand and use a diffuser. These would also be really nice.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a translucent deodorant cap? They are usually oval to begin with and if you look into the ladies version they are small too.

20mm hole in a 35mm film can will hold the Infinity then hang it or set it can down. Arc AAA diffuser, mechanical pencil eraser cap or the cap off of Zicam (needs a little hot water heat to stretch it though).

-LT