CMG Infinity Ultra tail stand?

Weylan

Enlightened
Ok people, how have you made your Infinity Ultra stand on it's tail? I would like to use the Infinity Ultra shining straight up with a diffuser. I think I got the difusser picked out easily with a used film can. But how did you guys figure out how to make the Infinity Ultra stand on it's tail?

If you managed to stand a ARC AAA on it's tail, I would be interested in how you did this too.

JBL14

Newly Enlightened
Maybe take a small block of hard styrofoam used for packing stuff and cut a small slot in it to set the light in?

Reptilezs

Enlightened
slide the pocket clip so it's flush with the lanyard lug. then proceed to standing it on its tail

Niteowl

Enlightened
For the old style Ultra/Task, I used a rubber tip for a chair leg/cane. Trimmed some rubber off the bottom for more stability. I believe there are ones small enough for the Arc AAA.

Never considered the clip. I guess it's too obvious, I took mine off anyway.

Mark

83Venture

Enlightened
I have a paracord lanyard on mine. If you wrap the cord around your fingers you can make a little "nest" for it to set in.

woolfam

Newly Enlightened
Here's what I did. I ground off the lanyard loop with a grinder, making sure to keep it as square as was possible. It stood on end pretty well, but then I had a friend trim it up on a lathe. I EDC this and making it shorter was a benefit for pocket carry.
213666.jpg

nrk

Newly Enlightened
Use a binder clip such as these sold at Staples.

Clip the lug into the binder clip and it will stand straight up. I just tried it. I found that it works with any size binder clip, even the small ones.

;-norm

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Binder clip? Never would have thought of that! Fantastic, Norm!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

As for me, I've tried slipping little rubber grip rings around the body and sliding 'em down when needed. It works fine, but eventually I ended up removing them. I just like the feel of the light all by itself in my hand, and that tail lug is important for me to twist the light on/off with one hand... my pinky basically rests against the lug to keep the body still while twisting the head.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

rodmeister

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Reptilezs said:
slide the pocket clip so it's flush with the lanyard lug. then proceed to standing it on its tail

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy who invented that trick deserves an award. Such brilliant simplicity. I use that trick on my ARC AAA. Nothing to add, nothing to modify. Great.