AAA spacer?

Weylan

Enlightened
I have this nice wooden penlight I got from my father that uses 2x AAA and runs an incandecent bulb that runs for maybe 20 minutes and has no real light to it.
The penlight form factor is really nice, even if it does have advertising for a drug on it.

I am going to be modifying it from a 2x AAA penlight to a 1x AAA penlight using a 1x AAA Dorcy circuit.

I need to find a something to mount with the Dorcy circuit and fill the extra space in the penlight so that I get contact. The Dorcy circuit and spacer needs to be the same size combined as a single AAA cell. What are you all using to combine to fill space and to act as a filler? The spacer needs to be like 1/2 to 1 inch long.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
try going to lowes and buying a foot of tubing the right diameter and then either put a long screw inside of it or go to a hardware store and get a spring.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would make a 'jig' that would let me use both batteries in parallel, more than 2x the runtime.. that is if you have space for the pill and 2 batts still.. otherwise.. like mentioned.. make a spacer any length.. you can find 5/16 aluminum rod or copper wire, just browse and see what you can come up with.

-awr

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use wads of aluminum foil for battery spacers all the time. Just wad up a peice really tight with a pair of pliers and cut it to length. Can't beat the price... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif