Streamlight TL-2 LED 2nd generation

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine and I am impressed.
The switch is a lot nicer than the 1st generation, it is raised rubber switch with the new streamlight logo. Unlike the 1st. generation it can not be stood on end . The bezel appears to be deeper and the quality of the beam is nicer than the first generation. It has a larger hot spot and more throw. Construction seems to be a bit better.

The fact that it is regulated is very nice.
Surefire accessories fit the bezel perfectly.

The improvements are very nice and make the 2nd generation a very decent Luxeon light for the price. I think it's a better light than the Pelican M6-LED

The only bad thing is, mine was shipped with all the O rings dry, this made the light hard to unsrew. I just used a bit of O ring lube on it and all is good.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
that doesnt sound like mine. my button is hard, recessed in the tail, and can stand on end...
streamlighttl2led2tail6ey.jpg

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the tail cap I have on my first gen and my TL-3. The new one is larger and rounded and is not recessed. I don't have a digicam (yet), but it is a different tail switch. I like it better and the new TL-2 I received has a lock out function.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is also. It has the anti roll head.
The rubber tail switch is roundd and not flush. It has an embossed Streamlight logo on the tail switch. The logo is the new shield looking thing. It is the same switch as the Thunder ranch version but it doesn't have the ring.

If you look closely at the TL2 here it is this switch.

http://streamlight.com/tris.htm

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
cool, I wonder if anyone sells just the tail switch? I'd like to try it out..