Any flashlights at Sam's Club?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Any flashlights at Sam\'s Club?

I went to Sam's Club yesterday looking for the Luxeon flashlight that I heard about here, but I couldn't find a single flashlight in the whole store! I walked the entire store, even checked the closeout section way in the back corner... nothing. I remember they used to have a small flashlight section next to the books (huh?) but that was gone too. The ONLY lights I found for sale were some reflector CFLs.

What's up with Sam's? Is it just my store?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any flashlights at Sam\'s Club?

I haven't ever seen any decent LED's there, and I have looked.

We don't have a nearby Costo, so missed out on some lights there.

My local Target has NEVER had the variety of LED lights mentioned on this forum. Maybe they think southerners don't use them.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

I too have not seen any in sams either. They use to have high tech stuff there but the have gone down hill in that respect.

davidra

Enlightened

What they did have in my Sam's last weekend was a Leatherman Micra plus a Juice in a gift tin on closeout for $15. I bought three, should have bought more, the Micra sells for around $25 alone. But I haven't ever seen any lights in there, except a Coleman camping lantern.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

My membership expires in a coupla days and I'm seriously considering jumping back to Costco. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

spock

Enlightened

there are two sams near me in dayton,oh.. each are getting in 144 packs of led lights(item #432898). each pack has two lights with 1w luxeon led for about $26.88. they look like dorcy 1w lights. think they use 3AAA batteries per light. i called the service desk and gave them the item number and they told me of the order. another cpf member posted the item number, but i don't remember where.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

spock that sounds like the elements light pair to me. There is a thread on them already they are not identical to the dorcy as someone said they do not have but an on/off switch with no blink function.

Grubbster

Enlightened

The Sam's here has a pack with a Maglite 3D and AA. Those are the only lights I have seen there. Cost is about $20.