LED flashlight label

ledsrule

Newly Enlightened
On flashlightreview.com, I saw a review of a new Gerber LED light. The light displayed a warning label similar to a laser, but specific to the led. Is this the new thing?

Harvey

ledsrule

Newly Enlightened
I love Scotland. Is any country requiring this new labelling? The FDA has many rules for lasers, but I hadn't seen the same for LEDs. {A bit much for a torch)

Harvey (in2thelight.com)

LED-FX

Enlightened
It`s an extension of IEC/EN 60825 classification of Laser Products.

Dinnae blame the Scots, more probably the Germans ;-).

Its a European wide standard and LED products sold in Europe, should have a warning label attached to allow them to carry the CE mark.

CE marking is mandatory for all products sold within the European Economic Community, at simplest level it involves getting a roll of CE stickers and slapping them on the packaging. It should involve testing the product to applicable standards and keeping a record of the tests.

Have seen very few LED products in Europe that actually carry a warning label with Class 1 LED product or Class 1M LED product on them, including professional equipment.

Indicating its not a widely understood classification.

In case of torches, application of a Class 1 LED product and CE sticker with some documentation held to justify the application of the stickers should be fine, BUT my liabilty for this advice is limited to what this advice cost...

Adam

looking forward to when Class 4 LEDs exist :)