if ya was traped in cave with monster what light

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well im watching IT the steven king movie .well it got me thinking which light would ya bring if ya was in the cave with pennywise? for me a moded 6 d maglight with a very good 5 watt luxeon.under driven a tad .i say this light will have awesume flood to light the hole cave great run time and i can use it to hit pennywise... btw great mnovie if ya havent seen it beofre has many good actors

COMSEUR

Newly Enlightened
ahh, Stephen King, my favorite... have 59 King books on my shelves... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But on the question about Pennywise... SF C3/P91.....

If that fails, I'd call Solomon for his STM... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
(Solomon Throw Monster)

That'll do the job.
Hopefully! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Re: if ya was traped in cave with monster what lig

I would take a mag85 so I can either burn the monster with heat from it, blind it so bad I can run past it or beat it with the light after I blinded it. I don't think even a lux5 will help if the monster wants you in the way of defense.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tigerlight with the built in pepper spray. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Leave the light out until you hear something.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

SureFire Beast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Bright as hell and it *could* be used as a weapon.

or

Lion-Heart. Having a super long run-time and the option of a blinding bright beam could be useful.

or

MaxaBeam or SuperNova (Just cause I'd wanna die with a light that I love /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

rgp4544

Newly Enlightened

A military surplus flamethrower, because it cooks anything you decide to light up. Especially in a cave.

emrbrtn

Enlightened

I second the SF Beast

StevieRay

Enlightened

Blind it with a PGL III!
fighting19.gif

Steve_ANI.gif

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
rgp4544 said:
A military surplus flamethrower, because it cooks anything you decide to light up. Especially in a cave.

[/ QUOTE ]Better bring your own supply of air to stay alive-

greenLED

Flashaholic

What bobisculous said. That, or a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

...something from Star Trek that could vaporize his backside!

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast

If it was only a light, then most powerful focused laser I could carry - 50 watts CW at least. Maybe attached to an EL Tri-star phaser so I know where to point the thing. And protective glasses in case it was wearing shiny buttons....

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sleeper (put it on the ground first so it would light the place up) and my weapon of choice-8 foot 2x4

sniper

Enlightened
Well, now, I would want a whole potful of those tiny little keychain lights with the constant on switch, scattered around to fool the monster, so you could tell where it was when he walks between you and the light,and some sort of shockproof, bright light attached to the barrel of a .375 H&H Magnum loaded with silver bullets, just to take the supernatural component into account.

And a spare light or three, with gooood run time, to help me get out of the cave, and a Spyderco super cool folding knife, to cut my throat when I couldn't find my way out!

Geologist

Enlightened
Maybe you could take those keychain lights and give them to the monster as a gift... Pennywise might just be a closet flashaholic, and while it is playing with all the shiny lights, you can get your *ss out of there. Of course *then* Pennywise might just go and register here on the forums. Then what would we have? Monsters on CPF? There goes all the get-togethers!