• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS - Blemished 5W light engine

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

I got some VXOS 5W emitters a while back and one of them had, what appears to be, a knife mark on the dome. I guess someone was a bit over zealous in opening the package that the emitter came in.

Anyway, the light engine is a VXOS being driven by a BadBoy750 converter. Being a V flux, it isn't the brightest around, but it does put out lots of light. The XO color bin is really nice and white with a slight hint of blue. Of course, the S Vf means that you'll get about as good of a runtime as you can get out of a 5W.

Here's a pic. I tried to capture the mark on the dome.

picture.JPG

For the beam shot, I used this head with a 17mm reflector in it.

picture.JPG

And the beam shot was taken about 25 feet from a white wall. You can see the doughnut hole in the beam, but it is wide and I can't see any effects of the knife mark in the beam. I also ran this LE in an Aleph III head and couldn't see the mark in that beam either.

picture.JPG

Anyway, I'll take $90 for the light engine, shipped. It has about 10 or 15 minutes of runtime on it. I was trying it with a bunch of different heads to verify that the mark didn't affect the beam. Cash paypal is preferred. If you want to use a credit card, you'll have to cover the fees. International orders will cost an extra $4 for the shipping.

If you want it, just post with an "I'll take it," and PM me for payment details.

Thanks for looking,

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if that floor polish trick would fill in the gap? Seems this is just cosmetic. I've had bubled luxeons and those actually affect the beam. This doesn't seem to though.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if polish would do it, but I don't think it's necessary. I really can't see any effect on the beam at all.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup, just cosmetic, in fact now that I think about it, I think I've had some luxeons that looked like that from the factory too. You had to really look to tell though. It was like a small scratch or something. Even if it was big enough to affect the beam, it won't because it's in the center where it becomes smooth sidespill anyways.

Ok I'm over-analyzing things again. I must be bored. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Nice color bin & vF. I like X0 more than W0 I think...
*bump* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif