Have a dumb question about Nuwai Q3...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see that in some descriptions that it says it puts out 75 lumens. That can't be right. Whats the actual output?

luminaria

Newly Enlightened
Q3 with a T*J or S*H bin
+
700 mah R123 Li-Ion topped to 4.2v
=
TrueBlue problems /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thought so. I saw the description at Advancemart that said Ouptut: 75 Lumens and I was like "no way", so I had to ask. Thanks all...

Flashlight Enthusiast
75 is lumens outright dishonest marketing my opinion says. Judging by my Q3s and comparing them against other lights I own, I'd estimate 30-35 lumens. For example, both of my Q3s light up a room to much greater effect than my Streamlight Luxeon Jrs (rated at if I remember right 30 lumens). Different type beams might also account for this, so I'd say the Nuwai could be as low as 25 lumens .

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't shined up my fork and spoon yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

If the Q3 is putting out 75 lumens then my LongBow Micra and my SL ProPoly Lux is putting out 85 lumens. Nope, none of the lights are beaming that much. I wish they were! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Geologist

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
TrueBlue said:
I haven't shined up my fork and spoon yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

If the Q3 is putting out 75 lumens then my LongBow Micra and my SL ProPoly Lux is putting out 85 lumens. Nope, none of the lights are beaming that much. I wish they were! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are "T" bins, they would have a max output of around 87.4 lumens. Does my QIII have to have a stock power source for you to eat yours? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's no free lunch. Take 1 CR123 and factor in the runtime, and that will predict the output.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't particularly want to see TrueBlue have to eat a Q3.....

Isn't "75 lumens" simply just using the typical spec of a 3 watt Luxeon?

Just like a lot of 1 watt Luxeon flashlights use "30 lumens" from the spec from LumiLEDs?