Another Fast Food Finger Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another one? Well unlike the one with the wendys chili, they found the owner of the lost part. Did these kind of things happen at this frequency a few years ago?

Empath

Flashaholic
The damages he suffered was that he puked; and that's worth 50000 dollars? While they may have served him a very unappetizing sandwich, unless he suffered much more damage than upchucking, his request for fifty thousand dollars is just evidence of his opportunistic traits.

I can just see him describing to the jury the terrible impact this has had on his life, telling them of the mental anguish, and how he can't sleep, eat or work, since such a life altering event. Poor baby.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I'm finding the flurry of flaky fast food finger foibles is fluorishing with frightening frequency.

Fortunately they found a fingerprint.

Frankly I'm fed up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
ROFLOL!

[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
I'm finding the flurry of flaky fast food finger foibles is fluorishing with frightening frequency.

Fortunately they found a fingerprint.

Frankly I'm fed up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Yow. I'll bet the local newscasters are using that as their lead story. I can't believe that manager didn't throw out the lettuce. Even if he hadn't contaminated it with skin shavings, there was the possibility of getting his blood into the food. What if he had Hepatitis or something worse? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

I wonder whether this was simple carelessness or a larger issue in terms of his training or education.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
He should of ordered the "Grilled Chicken". That comes without the "Skin".
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened
We will be eating at home for the forseeable future.At least as long as it takes for my mind to erase all traces of the memory of this story! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
...unless he suffered much more damage than upchucking, his request for fifty thousand dollars is just evidence of his opportunistic traits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If he really wants to punish them, ask for a much smaller judgement combined with a donation to his favorite charity.

I've upchucked from all sorts of things but it didn't destroy my life. I've even found a rasor sharp metal object in a sandwich once (apparently deliberate, long story) but I didn't sue.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our local channel does surprise inspections of local places showing their results. Most have a critical violation to several to deal with.

I use to know a girl who worked in a cafteria for a large company, she said what she saw, she would never eat out again. She said stuff happens in those environments.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it disgusting? Yes.

Is it worth 50K? No.

I don't much care getting hairs in my food... Skin would be downright horrible. However, 50K for a bit of displeasure is ridiculous. Unless the man got infected with some horrible disease afterwards, I don't see the reason for that request for his 'pain and suffering'.

At least this one appears to be real. One has to wonder where the heck the idiot from Wendy's got a real finger from, especially one not embalmed... Yuck.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I used to work at a Kentucky Fried Chicken, and the things I saw happening in that kitchen made me swear off KFC for good.

One of those things was somebody confusing the marinator with the urinator, and another was somebody who "invented" a "game" called "Chickensplat" where he would whirl a bag of uncooked chicken parts over his head and then slam it against the side of the walk-in cooler and see how many pieces came out of the blown bag and flew across the kitchen. These pieces, even if they landed on the floor, were still cooked and served.

{vulgar term for having intercourse} yucky!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
A friend of mine used to play in the band at the Copacabana, a famous NYC nightclub of yesteryear where the band had to walk through the kitchen to get to the bandstand.

One night as they were walking through a furious argument ensued between the head chef and one of his underlings who was stirring a gigantic kettle of what appeard to be vichyssoise soup, cursing as he stirred. Finally, losing control he screamed at the chef and threw the ladle at him then turned around and hawked a huge "oyster" into the vichyssoise.

Anyone feel like eating out?

Brightnorm

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
That does it. Time to buy a UV light and EDC a high powered incan for inspecting food before I eat. And avoid all soups...

I've only had hairs in my coffee at one coffee joint, and owing to the fact they were dark, and the whole mixture was blended together with ice and all, I was not aware of it till I felt something in my teeth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Fortunately, nothing happened to me.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif (again)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im a bascliy a nice guy but if some one ever on porpse did something to my food.id proably beat the crud outa em.id casue em severe pain.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Raggie, where were you when somebody pissed in the marinator ("confused the marinator with the urinator") at the KFC near 68th Ave. NE. and Bothell Way in Kenmore WA. in mid-1987? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.