1AA 8LED "20 lumens" $7 (batterystation) review

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
1AA 8LED \"20 lumens\" $7 (batterystation) review

I just received the 1AA 8LED light sold by Batterystation at the bottom of http://www.batterystation.com/led_flashlights.htm . I paid $10; it's now just $7.

Here are my findings and impressions:

Feels very substantial and well made; weighs 2.5 ounces with a lithium cell.

4.5 inches long--the longest 1AA LED light I know of. The length, combined with the flared head and the weight, mean you shouldn't even think of carrying this light on a keyring. Incidentally, it came with a separate small lanyard but I can't see where it would attach.

Turns on and off by a quite audible click switch at the base of the neck (no momentary, however).

The beam disappoints. It's brighter than the Xnova 1AA 5LED but less bright than the Xnova 1AA 12LED or Peak Kilimanjaro 1AA 5LED Hi Output. Also, the beam is only about 80 percent as wide as the beams of those lights. The beam is, however, possibly the whitest of the four.

(It's a great light for finding your way to the bathroom without waking anyone.)

So: Who is this light for? Someone who wants the economincal operation of a 1AA, doesn't need a lot of brightness, and places a high value on construction, a convenient click switch, or both. At $7, it's worth checking out, if only to give as a gift after you've played with it.