Best Throwing 1xAA Available Now?

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a great liking for 1xAA pocket lights, and now that I've made the jump to NiMhs, I like them even more. Judging from the amount of discussion/anticipation regarding some of the upcoming models, I think a lot of CPFers feel the same way.

I know about the LRI Proton, now slated for July. I know about the 1xAA luxeon that Peak has teased us about. I know of the much-praised TnC Key-Lux AA, that is not currently available.

My question is: of the 1xAA lights that are currently (at this very moment)available, which has the best throw?

I love my Peak Kilimanjaro 5LED high power (snow)---its workmanship and beautiful beam characteristics are fabulous, but I could use a bit more throw. So, what's out there NOW?

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would expect that this would be an Inova X1 modded with a luxeon. The stock X1 has probably the most "throwy" beam profile available among single AA, but the single Nichia 5mm LED doesn't reach that far.

mahoney

Enlightened
In the "production light" catagory, I suggest the Inova X1. It throws suprisingly far for a 1AA light. I have one and while it's too neat to get rid of, I can't figure out what to do with it. Followspot for a dollhouse theatre? The beam is so small it's useless for close work, and although it's usefull on stuff about 10' or more away, I have brighter lights that I usually carry for distance work.

Crux

Newly Enlightened
I know you asked for "current lights", but a Dorcy 1AA($10) modded with a LuxRYOJ($17) and an IMS 17mm reflector($5.25) and running on a CR-V3 cell(2/$8) is truly astonishing. But these are not current production (for Dorcy), parts cost is about $40 + time.