The too wide blues

brightnorm

Flashaholic
When I open the Washington Post the page is one column too wide for my screen, even in smallest text, so that I must horizontally scroll to view. I don't have this problem with other papers. Any idea for a fix? (and please, no political comments /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Brightnorm

X33

Enlightened
mmm, not sure this will help, but the new Opera 8 browser has a button: 'fit to window width'. That automatically adjusts the page to fit your screen. Well, at least that what it says on the tin. Good luck.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could also increase the "screen area" setting for your monitor to show more stuff.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just copy and paste the text to a word processor then bump up the font size and bold it and fit it to winder so I can scroll through it. BTW, I read the post, times, USA^2, fox, yahoo, cnn, the onion, christian science monitor and a few others.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I had my dad get a 19 inch monitor and use larger icons and fonts on a higher resolution. If your monitor supports it you could do that and a lot of wideness problems would be gone.