hds edc

breu

Newly Enlightened
Hi there, I've been following the forum for a long time but this is my first post. I'm in the market for a couple of flashlights. I was looking at the arc 4, but now am wondering about the hds edc. Has anyone tried one out yet? I'm just wondering about the throw. Is this led comparable to Incadesents? What would be this lights main competion? I need a small light with really good throw!
thanks
Breu

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HDS lights are fantastic. I don't have one personally, but the talk on the forums suggest that they are the best lights out. Throw is excellent from it. It is DEFINETLY comparable to incans, probably better...

Welcome to the forums, and when in doubt - buy both!!!

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome breu! I would do a search, and do it on google, the board SE here is,,, cranky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif I have a basic 60
and it is my main light.I goes everywhere i go putting out pure very natural white light, (and it's not a "GT") great UI, and the throw is killer! on high
it really throw's, and produces great defination.It's got good usable spill too, a really great beam pattern. It does most everything i need a light for.
Check out some CPF thread's and the HDS site. VDG

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget to look at the Alephs.
An Aleph II makes a very nice EDC and is beautifully designed and made. They are all hand made and can be upgraded with better LED's etc as new things come down the pipe.
This for me is a great plus.

X33

Enlightened
My vote for the Aleph 2 as well. Even at 500mA its nice and bright. Also throws nicely for its size. Two light levels. I would now get an HDS instead of a ARC4 because of the design improvements made. And its brighter as well I think. But Aleph 2 is my edc for the moment.