LIONCUB UPDATE THREAD - Part 4

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Continuation of THIS thread.

UPDATE 5-10-05:

Here's a workbench picture taken tonight to shows y'all that I'm not just sitting around waiting for mail - the LionCub boards had to be wired up Some time! Only 169 to go...

LCBoardBuild.jpg

Thank You for your continued patience...

UPDATE 05-05-05 (and how many of us are gonna be around when those numbers come up again?):

Anyway, someone said I should mess around and introduce THIS as the "ST" (String Thing...?) but I said nah, enough game playing already:

Lan2.jpg

Lan1.jpg

Lan3.jpg

Woven from 220 paracord by HAT member Bill and instead of everyday chrome-plated steel, the ringclip is maritime-rated spring stainless...sold in yer finer saltwater fishin' shops ever'whar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Thanks Bill!

UPDATE 5-1-05:

I finally got tired of twiddling my fingers - I mean, what do you Do while waiting for incoming parts?

Answer: play with the parts ya already got.

So I hereby proudly present my dynamic duo of Tuxedo Lions:

TuxedoCubs.jpg

Created by simply swapping around the modular parts. But this is nothing - wait till I get the bare aluminum proto LionHead back.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

UPDATE 4-28:

The LionHeart Clip does indeed fit the LionCub:

LCwithClip.jpg

Although this appears to be in a bezel-up carry orientation, bear in mind that due to the elongated S-shaped clip bend, the Other end can serve as a clip as well, meaning it could also be clipped bezel-Down with about a third of the light (the battery tube) sticking up for immediate grip. Hmmm, then again it could Also be installed completely reversed with the ring now cinched between the bezel and Control Module for bezel-down with No part of the light protruding, or reverse-clipped with the HEAD now sticking up for whatever reason, as well as used to clip the light to a cap bill, etc.

UPDATE 4-26½:

No, the "light" is not playing tricks on your eyes:

Brass.jpg

Let's just say this one will have the initials "LE" hung onto its name. *Extremely* limited quantity, not for pre-sale yet, but indeed being machined as we speak...

*EDIT: there will be NO matching brass LionHeads for this light. Got a few e-mails, thought about it, and it would indeed make the light Way too heavy.

This is simply the first article, CNC-machined just now fer pitcher-takin's sake.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Catman10

Enlightened
Ha. First Response! Lionheart rules forever!
Hey Charlie,
Do you have any pics of the Lionheart 150A tube on the LC?
Thanks

Cones

Enlightened
Cool BRASS!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark

Cones

Enlightened
This now prompts another question! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will the ST's be made from aluminium?

Thanks

Mark

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
GOOD idea Catman! I'll get right on it, BRB...

Hmmm, what manner of lights are these?

Modular-1.jpg

Or this one?

Modular-2.jpg

Or even - THIS ONE???

Modular-3.jpg

Ahh, yes...as discussed previously, welcome to the world of the Modular Lion. Coming soon to a (hopefully dark) theater near you!

Good one Catty, Thanks for reminding me before I sent off some of these parts.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
There you go, that's how the Lionhead should be used! Gives it ergonomics and balance. Brass LC might look pretty cool with a Bare AL LH tube too.

Nice work!

Catman10

Enlightened
Nice! The Lionheart head/Lionhead on the LC123 body will be the Roy Jones Jr. (Best pound for pound) of the flashlight world. Very nice!

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
<Evidence_Removed>

Charlie, when did May get here? I thought it was still April... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

Boy, I'm glad it's not my pictures being shown without my rubber boot on - lookit dim nekkid switches! Modular smodular - show me more!!!! That brass one shor is purdy - can we see it's nekkid switch, too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

vontech

Newly Enlightened
B R A S S !!!

Eraaaagggghhhhhhhh!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!

(Just when I was TRYING to curtial this horrible, expensive habit.

I hate you.

Tom

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Cones said:
This now prompts another question! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will the ST's be made from aluminium?

Thanks

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, err, eee...can't say that for now. But they will be done this week! And then shipped to me...

Bogus1, yeah, it'll be mix and match however ya want.

Catman, oh NOW I get it - he's a boxer, ain't he?

Code-y, nice catch, I edited the date - what was I thinking? Mebbe hoping for That date already, so at least we'd be seeing some reviews...

vontech, we aims ta please - no matter How painful it may be!

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
BRASS.....
oooo3.gif
COOL

Every time I turn around you amaze and delight us with something new in pictures and updates.....

Me like...me like very much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Aloha

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Yes Mark, if you look at the picture of the one in my wife's hand and add another 1-3/8", you'd have it exactly.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Did you prefer a brass LC, Bill? We'll have to arrange some kind of understanding with HAT members because I will only have a really, Really, and I mean REALLY, limited number!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
andrewwynn said:
I sure wouldn't mind seeing that in my hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Andrew, that's what she told me last night! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

GregW, it's funny about the affinity most feel with brass. Perhaps it's because of the weather-worn, classic patina it takes on after a while - and yet a quick scrub with a Brasso-laced cloth makes it gleam like new. I'm thinking the knurling would want to be left oxidized, to make for darkly contrasting knurl bands against the newly polished finish.

Me personally - I like Ti! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif