Bin info please

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just opened my new QIII, and the LED has the following numbers:
SYOKW0024833
3104lXHllW3C
My question has two partS, firstly what does this info tell me?
Secondly, may I have a lesson in "bin" and what it can do for me, mostly so when I read posts about this stuff I know what I am reading.. I tried to do a search but only grew more confused..
Thanks guys!
David

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
IlluminatingBikr said:
Your bin is SYOK. Check out what that means here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you, I found that site in my quest, unfortunatly I think I need a little more background info before I can translate some or any information on that link.

Timson

Enlightened
SYOK - refers to the luminous flux, colour tint and forward voltage of the emitter.

All Luxeons are slightly different due to manufacturing variations and all have to be tested and ranked accouring to these parameters.

The first letter is the flux, second/third is the tint and the fourth is the forward voltage. The W simply means it's a white LED.

In this particular case 'S' means it has a luminous flux of between 60 and 67.2 lument when driven at max spec'd current.

'YO' means that the colour is around 8000K which is at the blue end of the white light spectrum

'K' refers to the forward voltage which is 3.51v to 3.75v

The current 'must have' Lux III's are U flux which have an output of between 87.4 and 113.6 lumens

These are still very rare - but good T bins are quite plentiful (67.2 - 87.4)

Colour tint is a highly subjective thing and all down to personal taste - but the generally accepted purest white colour is 'WO'

The forward voltage is critical in calculating the current supplied to the emitter.

Tim

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Timson said:
SYOK - refers to the luminous flux, colour tint and forward voltage of the emitter.

All Luxeons are slightly different due to manufacturing variations and all have to be tested and ranked accouring to these parameters.

The first letter is the flux, second/third is the tint and the fourth is the forward voltage. The W simply means it's a white LED.

In this particular case 'S' means it has a luminous flux of between 60 and 67.2 lument when driven at max spec'd current.

'YO' means that the colour is around 8000K which is at the blue end of the white light spectrum

'K' refers to the forward voltage which is 3.51v to 3.75v

The current 'must have' Lux III's are U flux which have an output of between 87.4 and 113.6 lumens

These are still very rare - but good T bins are quite plentiful (67.2 - 87.4)

Colour tint is a highly subjective thing and all down to personal taste - but the generally accepted purest white colour is 'WO'

The forward voltage is critical in calculating the current supplied to the emitter.

Tim

[/ QUOTE ]

My deepest gratitude.. I lost sleep over this last night, it was the first time I was able to handle a Luxeon out of a light. Your description was exactly what I was after, now I have some information to go back to that chart with.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Again, thank you.
Pyd