New MXDL 2 cr123

NigelBond

Newly Enlightened
I see that on ebay there is now an MXDL 3 watt luxeon clone that uses 2 cr123 batteries. Anybody have one yet, and have any comments about it. I think I might get one.
I already have an mxdl 3watt that uses 3aaa. If anybody has both, how do the two compare in brightness?

teststrips

Enlightened
I'm a semi-new flashaholic and have been buying up lots of flashlights. I didn't get the 2 cr2 version of the mxdl, but i have, like you the 3x aaa. The MXDL 3X AAA is the cheapest, generic, worst put together light I own. It doesn't hold a candle to a light like the Nuwai q3 or the Inova t1 (or t series in that matter t2, t3). Don't waste your money on a bunch of cheap lights, get something a little higher quality (for 10-15 bucks more) and you'll find your mxdl lights not being used at all.

NigelBond

Newly Enlightened
I dont have any nice flashlights to compare to but i did once own a dorcy 3AAA luxeon flashlight which i've since lost while fishing. Infact I regularly lose lights and dehooking pliers while fishing. Thats why i decided to buy the mxdl. Its cheap and i wouldnt mind so much if i lost it. To be honest, I like my mxdl more than i liked the dorcy 3AAA. Most people complain about how they have mxdls that dont work corect, and have bad color and brightness but mine seems to work very well.

Anyway, i've also considered getting a Q3, how does the brightness of a Q3 compair to a 3watt mxdl?

teststrips

Enlightened
my q3 is brighter than my 3watt mxdl, throws more, cleaner spill (no rings in beam)

If you have a habit of loosing your lights, buy some paracord (parachute cord) and make yourself a lanyard... or just tie a 3-4 foot piece of rope to your belt and the other end to your light.