What bin led star came in your Costco 2AA?

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 of them and these are definitely nicer than I expected in tint, brightness and whiteness.
I was just curious on how to disassemble these to see what bin 1 watters came with them.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: How do I disassemble Costco 2AA lights?

Unscrew the bezel, a lot of people dont even see that its 2 pieces because it fits so tightly. You will need some snap ring pliers or needle noses to screw the ring out that holds the "can" in place.

sniper

Enlightened

You can also use a pair of fine-pointed sacissors to unscrew the retaining ring--easy does it, though. They are made of some sort of plastic, and it doesn't take much to undo them. They are good lights.

rscanady

Enlightened

mine came with QX0J and QX0H, i already replaced both with Lux III and swapped optics for reflector, gonna put the QX0H in a Dorcy AAA tonight.
Have fun with them, they are good lights to mod.

Ryan

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What bin Luxeon star came in your Costco 2AA?

Got mine opened.
QXOL in one.
QYAK in the other.
BTW, TYOH's made these wayyy brighter for some reason. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Overkill for such cheap lights, but they really do look good with the TYOH's for real. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I gotta investigate these further, brb.

*a few minutes later*
Just measured voltage drop and current.
Subject #1 is .91 amps from the nimh batteries to the converter board at 3.07 voltage drop accross the led.

Subject #2 is 3.12 voltage drop acrross the led at 1.3 amps from the Nimh AA batteries! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif
I thought these looked wayyy brighter with the TYOH's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Latest posts