QIII Dorcy AAA mod /w Pics!

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've finally got around to modding my Q3 with a dorcy AAA board, dual brightness switch, TX1J luxeon, and mineral glass lenses. I've run the light on a R123 for a few minutes with no problems. Enjoy the pics:
qiiidocy15mt.jpg

qiiidocy22qr.jpg

qiiidocy30lz.jpg

qiiidocy44ua.jpg

Weylan

Enlightened
So how much space is in the head for the Dorcey 1x AAA board mod? It looks like there is a reasonable enough space inside. I worry since the AAA board is so long. It looks like you shaved off really very little! From playing with the circuit some I have seen that the inductor is really high at least it seems compared to the rest of the components on the board.

Did you just strip off the components in the underlying board? Why did you decide to leave it in?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is enough room if you cut off the positive tab of the dorcy AAA board. The height is no problem. I stripped off all the components of the underlying board to get enough headroom for the dorcy board. Enjoy!

wmpwi

Enlightened
Is the Dorcy board that much better than the Q3. I ask because I fried mine and at least reduced it's effectiveness somehow.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you search some posts by milkysplit, he has used this dorcy board in a lot of his mods. People claim the efficiency is more than the q3 circuit and it goes into moon mode much better (some q3s just seem to cut off and never enter moon mode). Cheers. Check out the dorcy AAA modded q3 i'm selling =D