Question for Nuwai ALX-352L owners

SimplyJ

Newly Enlightened
My 5 watt Nuwai ALX-352L came in the mail today and I've busy testing it out. While it is bright, it's not as bright as I expected it would be. Some of my other Lux-III flashlights seem just as bright. The switch also seems to be pretty sensitive, it's already come on a few times while in it's sheath. But what has really bothered me is the battery drain.

I put in 2 SF 123As that tested as 3.06V each on my multimeter. I estimate that my Nuwai has been on for no more than 20 minutes total. I tested my batteries again and this time they read 2.85V each. Most of the on time has been at the 'high' level.

This seems to be a huge power drain to me. Has anyone else here had similar power drains? Is this normal or do I have a defective flashlight? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Must be the luxeon lottery. My 352L is really bright! No 3W light going to come close to this output. You can use rechargeables, also.

The drain seems about right since high is supposed to offer an hour of runtime on high. Did you measure them right after using them or did you wait a while?

Jeff

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
See Quickbeams review. Try fresher cells. High is really high, and can produce 100+ lumens when using rechargeable Cr123's. Check batteryspace.com for some really strong RCR123's. Rated at 650mAh, but perform very well under heavy loads. High with 352L can pull well over 1 amp from batteries. I prefer lower levels for navigating, and use high for sweeping fields, and long distance viewing.

Bill

DimBeam

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
xpitxbullx said:
Must be the luxeon lottery. My 352L is really bright! No 3W light going to come close to this output. You can use rechargeables, also.

The drain seems about right since high is supposed to offer an hour of runtime on high. Did you measure them right after using them or did you wait a while?

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. I have run mine for over 2 hours but mainly on low or medium. High perhaps for 10 minutes. It really is a outstanding light and although large in size it is very comfortable to use.