TWOJ or TWOK

Red_Dot

Newly Enlightened
Between a TWOJ and TWOK, can anyone tell me which is the better LED to fit into an ARC LS and to be used with R123s ?
From the posts I've seen the TWOJs seem to be the preferred choice but someone also told me that the 'J's don't take to R123s very well because of the higher R123 voltages.

thanks

cy

Flashaholic
either one will work fine. Kbin matches li-ion's voltage profile slightly better.

Luxbright

Enlightened
cy, would you agree that in the wilderness, when you cannot find R123 but only CR123, then the "J" would serve the best of both.

Red_Dot

Newly Enlightened
cy - thanks for the reply. Is there any difference in brightness between 'K's and 'J's ? what would be your preferred choice ?

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
In a direct drive situation like you have off the r123, the J will likely be brighter. As it should be running at a higher current level. Howerever if you were to be using cr123's then brightness should be the same. As the LS circuit is regulated to a set current output. In that situation though, the J should give a better run time. The J would seem to have more going for it. Albeit a little riskier while running Li-ion's.