Nice suprise at the gun show

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I love a gun show. Getting to see all the gear in one place is a lot of fun. Yesterday I had to drive right past the fairgrounds here in town and what do you know, a gun show. I had 30 minutes to kill so in I went in. First thing I noticed was the entrance fee has gone up again, $6.00. Oh well, I guess it's at least as good as a movie. I saw all the typical stuff, every type of gun, case and knife and so on. The Pelican guy was there again with all the cases and torches. I bought a small case for my PDA. What was new and a nice surprise to see was a guy selling a full assortment of Benchmade and Microtech knives as a well as a guy, drum role please, a guy selling Surefire's. He had an E2E, E1, G2's, Winelight, Aviator, L1, L5, M3 and a couple of combat lights. I have never handled the L5 or M3 so it was a real treat. An older gentleman walked up as I was there and picked up a G2. He about fell out when he saw the price tag of $34. Before he could put it down I said, try it. He did and said, wow. I explained to him what he was getting for $34 and then showed him my L4 and said, "This is made by the same company, cost $130 and puts out the same amount of light as the G2." He was convinced and bought the light. I couldn't leave him hanging so I explained the cost difference between the G2 and L4 but I could see in his eyes he thought I was nuts for spending 4 times more for the same power light. The guy selling the lights didn't know much about them but showed interest in learning so I referred him here. Next on my agenda is to find a way to buy that sweet H&K 93 without getting my power, water and cell phone cut off in the process. A guy can dream can't he?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
A flashaholic ends up getting nothing for his expertise compared to other *experts*... perhaps it is time we started making business cards and charging for *consulting* fees.

jtice

Flashaholic
ahhhh the gun shows, what a treat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The one here is ok as far as guns, but is lacking alot of other stuff.
No Pelican anything
Very few benchmade knives
No Microtech.
I dont remember seeing any lights last time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Basically good for guns and ammo.
But hey, its still fun to look around at all the firepower /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fat_Tony

Enlightened
Hey, Lynx Arc, I love your idea!!

jtice, sounds like a business opportunity!! Maybe I'll move to WV. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
We got gun shows here by the dozen, if they didn't cost $6 each I would go to a few of them for sure.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard that Tulsa has one of the largest shows in the country.

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened
Hey-someone else who likes HK weapons.I have a friend in Cleveland who is a class 3 dealer.Spent a few hours test firing a HK model 33A2.Nice weapon-much better than an M16,about the same rate of fire but easier to handle on full auto.If you ever get to Ohio give me a call-we'll go shooting at our range here on the farm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Latest posts