mag charger switch replacement

D

**DONOTDELETE**

any info on complete disassembly of mag rechargable flashlights. please help

Gandalf

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2131:
any info on complete disassembly of mag rechargable flashlights. please help<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I'm sure this is possible, why don't you let Maglight fix it for you? They fix just about anything short of a direct meteor strike or Taliband attack, under warranty. I managaed to lose a lens for one of my AA Mini Maglites, and they shipped it for free, in about 5 days. Give them a call at 800 289-6241. While some other manufacturers may have them beat with new technology, when it comes to old fashioned customer service, Maglite is tops.
cool.gif
wink.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gandalf speaks truth.
smile.gif

Mag Instrument accept some very dubious "failure claims" in good spirit. The warranty is as solid as the lights themselves.

But if you just want to play around with the switch, it should come out quite easily. Remove the switch's rubber cover, and there is a hole through the push-button. Locate an Allen key socket way down, and unscrew a couple of turns. (The Allen hole may be a bit difficult to access fully, so don't force or round it ! ) The switch then pushes out towards the tailcap end.

HOWEVER -
1. I believe that on some older Mag-Lites, especially on the Mag-Charger perhaps, the switch could only be removed in the factory. (I had a site with details of the special tool needed otherwise, I'll find it if you need it.)

2. No less of an authority than Walt Welch has posted that the Mag switch "can be a bear to [disassemble and service]"

KT posted some shots of the Mag-Charger head disassembled in Topic: (I'll find it in a moment ... )
I'm sure that at one time, again, the reflector of the Mag-Charger could not be taken out by the user. Looks as if that's changed now.

lightlover
smile.gif
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the reply. the mag charger system is differant than the standard maglite. on the newer maglites the switch can be removed after you take out the switch seal. and the use of the proper size allen wrench inserted into the button itself. I know the older style standard maglite you were supposed to use a spanner wrench. but you can get the switch out with two long screw drivers and a bar for leverage. See the old style switch is screwed in, the new style slides in and the allen wrench is used to loosen and tighten a set screw. the mag charger appears to need a spanner wrench also. but with the charging module right there also i am unsure. thank you for your input. and any additional help will be appreciated. PS i just like to tinker around.