Dorcy 3-watt

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
034939040004jv.jpg

Dorcy 3-watt Super LED 3 AAA Aluminum Technology Flashlight

Sears item #03493904000 Mfr. model #41-4275

Designed with the brightest Luxeon LED available from Lumileds lighting. This powerful flashlight delivers a beam that is 10 times brighter than aregular LED. Never replace the bulb, lifetime LED warranty. Sturdy aluminum alloy construction. Measures 5-1/2 in. long. Includes three AAA alkaline batteries. Learn more

---------------------
i've never seen this one before.... dorcy never updates their cheesy site....

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Selling a 3-watt light that requires 3 high-resistance AAA cells is playing the consumer for a sucker. Runtime goes heads south, while cost per minute heads north. It's sad that Dorcy is joining the cynical eBay sellers who play this game.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't say I think the price of Dorcy's is worth their (lack of quality) my opinion says. For example, when Target selled Dorcy, they wanted $49 for the 2C, and something like $16.99 for the 2AA, and both of these lights I feel were well below average in quality. A 2AA Maglite can be bought for under $10 at Target, and I feel has much better build quality (the poor beam can always be fixed with aftermarket drop-ins). While I have a few Dorcy lights, I can't say I'd be willing to get more, at least until I see the quality come up. There are so many other quality Lux-3 lights out there...except unfortunately none I know of in AA (most seem to be in 123)...

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
yea that price is a little crazy, just like coast lights...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hmmm, the circumferentially notched bezel reminds me of the Nuwai - as well as a multitude of other chi-lites on ebay...

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
40 bucks. Wonder if you can go better putting the 3 wat thing in a 1 watt light?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
ouch...my RogueSoul is direct drive, but I stick NiMhs in there (well NiCds, my NiHms are in my walkman)

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Paul_in_Maryland said:
Selling a 3-watt light that requires 3 high-resistance AAA cells is playing the consumer for a sucker. Runtime goes heads south, while cost per minute heads north. It's sad that Dorcy is joining the cynical eBay sellers who play this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more. Running a 1 watter on 3XAAA is bad enough as far as run-time is concerned (the original Dorcy 1 watter that runs on 3XAAA gets MISERABLE run-time)...on a LuxIII, I assume the run-time would be PATHETIC! There's been a lot of nicely designed LuxIII lights out there lately...unfortunately, the bulk of them are running off of 3XAAA, and for that reason alone I won't touch them. YMMV...

PJD

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast