I'm probably going to have to file for bankrupcy

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I\'m probably going to have to file for bankrupcy

They just opened a Fry's in Indaianapolis.

That place is HUUUUGE. And they aren't fully stocked yet.

Fortunately it is way over on the opposite corner of where I live and work. Good thing my company moved from nearby that place a couple of months back.

If they build one in a nearby I'm done for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Re: I\'m probably going to have to file for bankrup

Move here.... no fry's within 100 miles, perhaps 300 miles?

watt4

Enlightened

I was there two weeks ago. I have been in a frys before (san jose), but it's nice to have one in Indy. they have a row of flashlights right close to where you walk in.

I bought RAM, an external hard drive kit, and a game. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fat_Tony

Enlightened

When I clicked on this thread, I was ready to pour out the sympathy and empathy!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif Good one, Pellidon.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

Yeah, I'd be done for also if there was a Fry's near me!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Geez man, I thought you were serious by the name of this thread. Good to hear it's just about a Fry's being opened. I don't think there's a single one anywhere near me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

The last time I was in a Fry's (the one on the Strip in Vegas) the sales guy allowed me to play with a green laser although he didn't seem to know muich about them.

Kilted

Enlightened

I'm in California near Fry's home ground. Sales staff are paid really poor and their knowledge is at the same level. Yea, Fry's has a lot of flashlights but they are all mediocre. Fry's will not handle any item that does not MOVE. They deal in volume. Walk thru the store and take stock of what they have. Then move your products to what they do not have. Remember many people there do not know what good is - customers or staff.

Since your smaller you can be more nimble and cover what they can not. It's like I've ordered one of Icarus flashlights he's only going to make 12-15 of them. Just think if you had some of the really specials from this site for sale. You could build'em your self, sell kits, etc.

-- Kilted

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Marty Weiner said:
You'll be impressed with their selection of electronics and totally UNimpressed with the "sales" staff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not too unimpressed. The Comp USA almost requires a gun and a whip to get a sales person to help you and the other big box stores have staff about as helpful/useful as a grape. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Kilted, I'm glad we moved so I won't be tempted to waste time/spend money there more often than I would if I had still worked nearby. My company's work is unrelated. Didn't mean to imply my bankrupcy was due to competition, just all that stuff.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

The guys at our local Comp USA said they stopped commisioned sales about a month ago and that's why they have such a poor attitude.

I'm going to drop an email to their management, not that it will do anygood! Wish we had a Frys in Alaska!

TheJman

Newly Enlightened

Roumor has it that they have already bought land in Alaska. Who knows when they will do something with it though. Their plan is to open 50 new stores in the next 5 years.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast

In looking for flashlight deals, I've never found anything to buy at Fry's. Best deals were always online or at Walmart/Target/wherever.

They occasionally do have good deals on batteries and chargers, though. And some of the "Friday specials" are so good that you can't stand to not get them...

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
CompUSA - Commissions?

I wore the red shirt for 3 years at Comp, '94-'97, and other than manufacturers "SPIFF" incentives, and the tiny kickbakcks you got for conning old ladies into buying an extended warranty on the shiny new Packard Smell you were pawning off on her, they never had comission for the floor staff.

Sigman probably witnessed the end of yet another abortive sales strategy. I have no idea what it's like now, but Comp's concept of "Corporate Strategy", and "Managerial Direction". was akin to a child with ADHD who'd just mainlined a double espresso...

At any rate, a Fry's in SE WI would be a dangerous thing indeed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, crappy service or not.

Reaper

Enlightened

There IS alot of stuff at Frys that you might not find anywhere else under one roof but the only thing is, forget about ever wanting to return anything. I wasted close to an hour (and went through three employees) to return one item that cost only $15 plus tax. A few years ago I would have just thrown it down and walked out but now my family says I have more patience. I wish.