Ode to a flashlight

PluckyPleco

Newly Enlightened
I'm not a poet, but I need to express my appreciation for a very well made, very well loved flashlight.

So there I was in a hotel room, roughly 1200 miles from home. We'd just brought my newly adopted son home from the orphanage. My wife (who he was most strongly bonded with) had to leave the room for a while.

Poor terrified little boy. He started to cry. The only thing I could do was pick him up and hold him until he felt better. All the lights were out because we were trying to get him (and my older daughter) to sleep.

So there I am, lying in bed, with a little boy clutched to my chest and shoulder... And the only light in the room being provided by an Arc AA standing on its tail.

Damn fine light folks! Thanks for making them.

Just wanted y'all to know how a simple combination of metal and chemicals can touch a life.

Plec

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Cool! How old is he and what's his name?

You should nickname him 'Arc-hie' ahh my bad joke... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
PluckyPleco said:

... And the only light in the room being provided by an Arc AA standing on its tail.

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
Sounds to me that you had "two" sources of light in that room, the other was in your arms!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
blessings to your family! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Incidentally, we sometimes have our baby chase LED beams around the room. It's lots of fun to raise a flashaholic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PluckyPleco

Newly Enlightened
His name is Joey and he is 2.5 years old. My wife and I spend 16 months trying to adopt him and he's home now.

Plec

Zackerty

Enlightened
The dark may not be gentle,
Fear not, my light is strong.
Your eyes are weary, so peacefully dream...
Your life will be exciting, and long.

Zackerty

Enlightened
My wife's aunt adopted twin girls in 1954. When someone commented at their 40th birthday how much like their mother they looked, the aunt was flattered. When one of the girls reminded her that they were adopted, she said " No, you're not....oh yes, that's right" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Family is what you make of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PluckyPleco

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Zackerty said:
The dark may not be gentle,
Fear not, my light is strong.
Your eyes are weary, so peacefully dream...
Your life will be exciting, and long.

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go, you made my wife cry...

Great job!

Plec